Monday, May 23, 2011

A Friday Treat (on a Monday) - Gina's Cafe in the Park

Gina's Cafe in the Park is a hidden gem in our industrial park here in Naples. Gina's sister, Lisa, who brings her 3 Chow-Chows Jasper, Chloe & Snookie to Camp Bow Wow, invited us to try it. It is located at 1100 Commercial Blvd # 102, Naples, FL 34104 and their phone number is (239) 263-4566.

I love their HUGE grilled chicken sandwich which I get with a side of hot buffalo sauce (one of the few that I actually consider HOT) and Dominic likes their egg salad sandwich. Fruit is offered as a side at no extra charge so we usually choose this as our healthy option.

HOWEVER, on Friday's Gina's makes a very DECADENT special called "Chicken Monterrey" and since Friday's are our busiest days at Camp, we figure, we can use the extra "fuel" to burn.

A few hours ago, Dominic reminded me that we still had left overs... YAY!

I apologize for not having a photo of the dish as it is currently sheltered in my stomach, but every time I take a bite of this dish, I smile.

Basically, its chicken breast on top of white rice, smothered with some kind of creamy sauce. It has mushrooms, tomatoes and we think Monterrey Jack Cheese (hence the name). Its comfort food. Every taste takes you to a very happy place.
 _____________________________________
Update after recent visit.... decided to try something new from their menu and selected their "Cheese-steak wrap". At Gina's the prime beef is made in-house and boy is it good! I didn't feel that guilty eating it because it was nicely enveloped in a spinach wrap and I had a side of fruit but you know that cheese isn't fat free!!! 

They offer it with chicken as well, but Lisa recommended the beef. Dominic took a few bites and did not disagree!

No comments:

Post a Comment