Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Easy to Make Vodka Infusion & Sangría

Vodka is my poison of choice. I prefer it "on the rocks with a lime" since I am always trying to cut out unnecessary calories! A few years ago, I discovered infusions and immediately looked into creating my own.


Who knew it would be SO easy! 
                                                                                  All it takes is a bag of frozen mixed fruit and a bottle of vodka. Pour everything into a container that can be sealed well and place in a dark cool part of the home for about a week. I usually make it and pour the vodka along with the fruit into a nice beverage jar. It makes for an attractive presentation.  
On this occasion, I returned the vodka (without the fruit) to its original bottle so that I could chill it in the freezer. I then used the fruit to make SANGRIA! My grandmother Julia taught me my Sangría recipe. We use cheap wine. Why waste good wine since you are going to alter its flavor?!

I prefer white wine so I used a bottle of Pinot Grigio, but I added a bit of red wine. I included the vodka infused fruit into the mix, some 7up and a splash of Chambord. Mama (aka grandma) adds Brandy. Yum, yum, yum!

For a great Bloody Mary, try infusing the vodka with jalapeños. I tried it at Blu Sushi and it was DELICIOUS!

1 comment: