Thursday, July 7, 2011

Pedrosa Family Favorite - Waffle House

When I was a teenager, my mom, my brother and I would road trip around the south east and commonly ate at various Waffle House locations along the way. We loved walking in through the door to hear about 5 different staff members yell out: 'Morning! 'Morning! 'Morning! It was the best start to the day! 


So for those of you who find the Waffle House disgusting or dirty, I must disagree with you. Maybe it is because of the many fond memories that I relive with every visit, but I just LOVE eating here... and the low low prices cannot be beat!
 
 
Dominic & I like
  sharing the Breakfast All-Star Special, which includes eggs, a choice of meat (yummy crispy bacon), toast,  a waffle and hash-browns. We usually get the regular (plain) hash-browns, but on this occasion, we felt like trying something new. We got them "capped" (mushrooms), "peppered" (jalapeƱos) & "smothered" (sauteed onions). We should have also gotten them "covered" (melted cheese). We originally thought it would be too much, but it may have been better with a little bit of cheese!
 
While I like pancakes, french toast and the like, I never order them at restaurants because I get tired of too much "dough". That's why I love the waffles at Waffle House! They are so thin, you do not get full immediately!
To complete our meal, we also order a Texas Toast Egg Sandwich. Every single item was delicious. The service is always superb even if they are full and running at top speed. 
Yeah, the coffee ain't great... but as far as being considered "dirty"...  I think its hard to be dirty when your kitchen is open for the entire restaurant to see.

1 comment:

  1. Everytime I look at your blog and see all of your new posts I gain like about 5lbs from each...LOL. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete