Saturday, June 11, 2011

Best Burger in Naples - Lindburgers and Bottles Downtown

Looking to redeem ourselves after the previous night's disappointment (for Migue, not for us!), we knew we had to pull out the big guns. We headed over to Lindburgers and Bottles for lunch, which is located on 41 (Tamiami Trl) about 1 1/2 blocks North of 5th Ave S.

We first heard of Lindburgers from our Camp Bow Wow customers, Ellen & Dennis Demeritt. So a few months ago, during our friend José's visit, we decided to try it. I'm usually very boring with my burgers. Ketchup only, maybe a bit of mayonnaise (FIVE GUYS = YUMMY!!!), but every once in a while I like to try something different.

We were in one of those moods where we just wanted to be surprised and asked Todd, the owner, for his recommendations. Dominic ordered a burger with peanut butter and bacon. José and I agreed to split our burgers so we ordered "The Farm"... burger patty with pulled pork on top and then a fried egg... the kind of stuff you always want to order but are afraid to. We also split a bison burger with peppers on top. All three burgers were outstanding! The ingredients were fresh and exciting! 

Todd Brooks aims to please! Customers can call ahead and ask them to prepare their favorites. Give Todd a few days notice and he'll be sure to pick up the freshest produce for your meal.

During Migue's visit, Todd teased us with some decadent madness ... something about a burger patty between two doughnuts... I stopped listening after that... I floated to heaven for a second. I wasn't in a brave mood that day, but... I will be back for it... a day when I can nap right after!
Since I wasn't craving a burger, I ordered the "buffalo & blue cheese grilled chicken sandwich". Although the perfect size and portion for me, the chicken breast looked small on that gigantic heavenly bun. I think a man would be disappointed with the size, but I was happy despite the initial surprise. It was exactly what I was in the mood for... the chicken was very juicy and I enjoyed the strong blue cheese.

Dominic ordered something I was eyeballing on the menu. We think it was called the "KC Burger" but we cannot remember. It had grilled onions, jalapeños & smoked sausage. I didn't order it because I usually do not care for sausage, but I am glad Dominic did! I took a bite and wanted more! It was not overpowering. It was outstanding! The jalapeños gave it a great slight kick and a nice crunch!
 Migue went with the "peanut butter & bacon" burger that Dominic had ordered during our first visit. My brother, who I am starting to think is a big food snob (hahaha j/k), lives in Atlanta, home of "The Vortex", a famous burger joint. At "The Vortex", they serve the "Elvis Burger", which has the same ingredients but in addition, it has bananas. I got the sense that he would have loved some bananas in his burger. I bet you Todd would have given Migue bananas had he asked!

To top the afternoon, a couple of ladies sat at the table next to us. It turned out that they were Linda & Marsha, Dominic's neighbors from his childhood home in Illinois. We had not seen them since they moved to Naples and here we were running into them! The ladies had eaten at Lindburgers when it was owned by the previous proprietor and had been disappointed. However, after reading a glowing article in the Naples Daily News about the new owner and the mouthwatering menu, they decided to give it another try! I am sure they will return!


1 comment:

  1. I love Burgers...u have to take me there someday..pleeease??
    I promise I will eat all my food..;)

    ReplyDelete